David Ball Group Ltd based in Bourn, Cambridgeshire, is a leading manufacturer of specialist cementitious products for the construction and civil engineering industry. Trading through a range of brands, including market leading admixture PUDLO waterproofing concrete and the innovative zero cement CEMFREE binder.
Due a sustained increase in the demand for the technology department services, we are looking for an additional concrete lab technician/ assistant to strengthen our existing development capability and to provide support and assistance for the laboratory.
As a member of the technology team, you will have a challenging, varied and interesting workload that will primarily involve work in the laboratory doing concrete mixing, analytical testing on projects and general housekeeping. The mix of project work will include concrete mix design, analytical testing in our “dry” laboratory, durability testing and much more. You will become a vital part of the team developing related materials including screeds, grouts and of course our new and inventive CEMFREE binder.
The post holder will have a good level of written and verbal communication skills and have previous experience in a similar technical services or laboratory role, within the concrete manufacturing or supply industry.
The position is full time 37¾ hours a week.
- Daily involvement in the operation of the concrete laboratory.
- Ensuring compliance with the relevant BSI Standards
- Undertaking product trials and demonstrations – both on site and off site.
- Active involvement in Product/Materials development
- Communication with customers, both internal and external.
- Carry out a range of concrete, cement and aggregates laboratory tests
- Carry out materials sampling and sample management
- Keep accurate and legible records of all works undertaken
- Works to published technical specifications and standards
- Identify and manage risk in all work activities
- Manage and maintain company equipment
- Basic equipment calibration when required
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Excellent report writing and presentational skills
- Organisational skills with the ability to work within a team.
- Self-motivating, good time management, ability to work with minimum supervision
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel
- Enthusiastic and keen outlook
- Full driving licence
- Well organised and adaptable
- Has the natural desire to provide excellent customer service
- A strong, supportive, team working ethic
- Willingness to travel occasionally
- Detailed knowledge of fundamental concrete technology
- Experience within a concrete technology role
- ICT Concrete Technology & Construction Stages 1 & 2
The role of Concrete Lab Technician will be based at our head office in Bourn, just outside Cambridge. Normal working hours are Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 5pm and Friday 8.30am to 4pm.
If you feel this is the opportunity that you have been waiting for, please email your covering letter and CV to Kostas.Koutselas@davidballgroup.com.