Operations and HSEQ Manager
This position is based at the Group’s Cambridge site however, as the business expands there may be a requirement to assist across other UK locations. The role works closely with the Group Operations Manager to create a sustainable framework to prevent accidents, incidents, ill health and continuous improvement in all aspects of operations and HSEQ.
- Ensure necessary resources are in place including staff, training, equipment and materials.
- Management of the production team, ensuring daily production targets are met and daily sales orders are completed OTIF in a safe and efficient manner.
- Manage warehouse and stock within group targets.
- Ensure site is opened and closed as per the needs of the business. This may require out of hours and weekend access.
2. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality
- Ensure the requirements of Group HSEQ management systems (45001 (HS), 14001 (E), 9001 (Q), 6001 (RS)) are applied across all business units.
- Incident reporting process – investigate, critically analyse, root cause analysis, report and detail improvements to prevent accidents /injuries.
- Ensure that contractors, suppliers, customers and visitors comply with permit to work and visitor policies.
- Manage and maintain the sites COSHH database, ensuring COSHH data sheets are available for all substances used across all business units.
- Manage and maintain the Risk Assessment database, ensuring Risk Assessments are available for all tasks across all business units.
- Manage and maintain the Group safe systems of work procedures in line with Risk and COSHH assessment information.
3. Policies, Procedures and Reporting
- Input into policies and procedures to meet Group standards.
- Provide competent advice and technical guidance to enable management to discharge their statutory duty.
- Provide effective leadership for health and safety, ensuring that regular department meetings take place and arising actions are prioritised and completed efficiently.
- Communication to all staff on all matters relating to health and safety and to ensure consistent application and understanding of policies and procedures and coordinating any required training programmes that will increase proficiency in safe practices.
- Actively participate in the scheduling and conduct of safety meetings across all business locations to review HSE performance and policies, and to promote inclusion of all staff in shared HSE goals and objectives.
- Coordinate driver and road safety across the UK fleet to ensure compliance and continuous improvement in road safety standards.
4. Environmental Management
- Be the site contact for environmental management.
- Identify opportunities for continuous environmental improvement.
- Promote and coordinate environmental management and sustainability where practicable.
- Manage and control recycling and waste management practices.
5. Facilities Management- preventative and problem solving
- Develop the planned preventative maintenance process for all buildings, open spaces, utilities, equipment and machinery.
- Control systems for the issuing and control of permits to work on site for all contractors.
- React and take steps to ensure that any damage as a result from any accident or damages to equipment is rectified to reduce lost time or operational efficiency of the site.
- Liaise with the Group Operations Manager to ensure expenditure in line with budget.
- Manage external cleaning team, ensure cleaning performance is to the expected level.
- Main point of contact for fire and security alarm system including out of hours response.
- Manage fleet portal with Operations Administrator ensuring all information is current.
6. Business Skills and Attributes:
- Produce monthly Operations and HSEQ dashboard report for Senior Management team and any other reports deemed necessary by the business.
- Ability to create a positive and safe environment for the site.
- This position will require a self-starter who can lead by example and hit the ground running.
- Excellent communication skills are essential.
- Strong investigatory and critical analysis skills.
- Ability to present to large numbers of staff, across different departments and locations.
- Excellent IT proficiency i.e. Sage or other ERP software and Microsoft Office applications.
7. Knowledge and experience:
- NCRQ Diploma in Applied Health and Safety or NEEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety or nationally recognised H&S qualification.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of H&S legislation, policies and procedures.
- Ability to implement policies and work to deadlines.
- Desirable – qualified engineer in either chemical or process engineering.
- Experience in manufacturing plant in operations management role with proven passion for HSE and extensive facilities management experience.
- Proven experience in championing continuous improvement in safety culture and performance.
To apply for this role, follow this link http://dbgroupholdingsltd.peoplehr.net/Pages/JobBoard/Opening.aspx?v=5711f96e-f505-49ae-802c-94e4d28b4493