Job Title: Operations Administrator
Location: Head Office
Department: Operations Department
Reports To: Operations Manager – Bourn Site
DB Group (Holdings) Ltd, based in Bourn, Cambridgeshire, is a leading manufacturer of cementitious and sand products for the construction industry. The company trades through a range of brands including market leading PUDLO waterproofing systems. The company has approximately 60 employees and has ambitious growth plans.
We are seeking to appoint an Operations Administrator to support the Operations Team. We are looking for someone who is passionate about Health and Safety, highly efficient, committed and approachable. They must have good team working skills and a professional approach to colleagues, customers and suppliers.
- Assisting with the day to day administration duties of the Operations Department to include: Health and Safety, Quality, Environmental, Responsible Sourcing, Fleet Management, Purchasing, Warehousing, Waste Disposal, Production, Export Sales Order Processing and Facilities Management.
- Support the Operations Manager in the maintenance and continuous improvement of the Quality Management System, Environmental Management Systems and Operational Processes.
- Update and monitor various types of data/statistics onto spreadsheets for planning and reporting purposes
- Monitor the HSE incident spreadsheet and update the Operations Manager/Compliance Manager weekly on outstanding actions across all reporting types.
- Perform other Operations related administration duties as required.
- Provide a day-to-day supporting role to Production.
- Maintain information on supply chain partners and manufacturers.
- Assist the Compliance Manager in internal and external audits.
- Ensure RAMS are received from contractors and ‘Permit To Work’ is raised in a timely manner
- Attend regular departmental meetings
- Get involved in Continuous Improvement projects such as 5S, Kaizen Visual Management
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Quality Management System administration.
- Environmental Management System administration.
- H&S Management System administration.
- General Operations administration.
- Production/Manufacturing administration
|Key Working Relationships:|
|· Group Operations Manager||· Audit bodies|
|· Bourn Site Operations Manager||· Suppliers & Contractors|
|· Production/Manufacturing Team||· Users of company vehicles|
|· Sales Office/Project admin Teams|
|Knowledge / Experience/ Skills/ Personal Attributes:|
|1. Previous experience of working in an environment where Health & Safety is of the utmost importance||1. Experience operating in a production and warehouse environment|
|2. Good all-round use of MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook||2. Familiar with ISO standards, procedures and processes|
|3. At least 2 years’ experience in an office environment||3. Understanding Safe systems of work|
|4. Good level of Health and Safety knowledge||4. Lean principles: Identifying and eliminating waste, 5S, Visual Management, problem solving, root cause analysis, Just-in-time manufacturing|
|5. Have strong & effective written and verbal communication skills||5. Export sales order processing and documentation|
|6. Ability to confidently liaise with internal/ external customers, suppliers & manufacturers||6. Familiar with Permit to Work system|
|7. Possess excellent attention to detail, organisational and planning skills||7. Internal auditing|
|8. Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines|
|9. Able to use Sage 50 or other ERP system|
|10. Understand and follow the Purchasing & Goods Received process|
|11. Used to working in an environment that involves multi-tasking and prioritisation of tasks to deliver desired results|
|12. Be open minded to change and ready to try new/different ways of working (Continuous Improvement)|
|13. Have an enthusiastic & energetic approach to working in a busy environment|
Please send your CV to HR@dbgholdings.com