DB Group (Holdings) Limited based in Bourn, Cambridgeshire, was established in the 1980s and is a leading innovator of durable and sustainable construction materials. We trade through a range of brands, including market-leading PUDLO waterproofing and the zero cement CEMFREE binder.
At DB Group we believe in having an open culture where employees are supported, challenged and celebrate success. Our people are at the heart of everything we do: developing our innovative technology, manufacturing our market-leading products and providing outstanding customer service. We are committed to investing in the ongoing development of our people, enabling them to grow their careers with us as part of a forward-thinking team.
The Role – Concrete Technologist
Reporting to the Group Technology Manager, as a Concrete Technologist you will identify barriers to acceptance of products and develop solutions to overcome them, whilst developing and refining our existing product range, researching new sustainable construction solutions and quality assured products, all in order to support the successful delivery of the company strategy.
Your duties will include, although not be limited to:
- Managing the laboratory facilities and the quality assurance processes and systems
- Ensuring compliance with relevant BSI / ISO / ASTM Standards
- Carrying out a range of concrete, cement and aggregates laboratory tests
- Developing programmes for materials testing and investigation, concrete mix design, analytical testing and trial plans
- Managing external consultants and mentoring and coaching colleagues
- Undertaking product trials on-site and off-site, feeding back results into product development
- Providing commercially focused technical support to the business
- Supporting the development of technical specifications and standards through the provision of clear and concise technical data and supporting text
- Representing DB Group at client meetings and industry events
As a Concrete Technologies, you’ll receive the following benefits:
- Permanent contract, working full-time hours, Monday to Friday
- A salary in the region of £35,000 to £45,000 per annum, with the level dependent experience
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Private Health Care
- Contributory pension scheme – matching company contribution up to 5%
- Life assurance (x3 salary)
Our Requirements – Concrete Technologist
- Proven experience of working within a commercial organisation to commercialise products
- Experience of working within the concrete manufacturing industry, or its supply industry
- Knowledge of fundamental concrete technology, including standards and specifications
- Knowledge of cement chemistry, including alkali-activated cementitious materials (AACM)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, to liaise with external consultants and colleagues
- Highly organised, with excellent attention to detail
- Full UK driving licence, and willingness to travel to trials and customer sites when required (a company vehicle will usually be provided when undertaking journeys specifically on company business)
Although not essential, educated to degree level in Materials, Chemistry, Civil Engineering or another relevant subject would be highly advantageous.
To apply for this role, please follow this link https://dbgroupholdingsltd.peoplehr.net/Pages/JobBoard/Opening.aspx?v=dabf729e-7afe-4647-9822-ab0dec0dd04d
All applications for this Concrete Technologist / Concrete Technician vacancy should be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.