DB Group (Holdings) based in Bourn, Cambridgeshire, was established in the early 1970s and is a leading innovator of specialist cementitious products and supplies a comprehensive range of waterproofing products into the construction industry. The Company trades through a range of brands, including market-leading PUDLO waterproofing and the innovative zero cement CEMFREE binder.
What We Value
At DB Group, we care about our people and believe in having an open culture where employees are supported, challenged and celebrate success. Our people are at the heart of everything we do: developing our innovative technology, manufacturing our market-leading products and providing outstanding customer service. We are committed to investing in the ongoing development of our people; enabling them to grow their careers with us as part of a forward-thinking team.
We have ambitious growth plans and believe that our success is reliant on highly accountable, driven, talented teams. If you would like to join us on this exciting journey then we want to hear from you!
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to gain valuable work experience and achieve a Materials Science Technologist degree.
Working within the Technology Department you will support the quality assurance and development of innovate, sustainable construction materials, including ultra-low carbon cementitious binders, waterproofing admixtures and material repair products. You will work closely with the Commercial team, conducting lab, plant and site trials, testing materials, designing and conducting programmes of research as well as working with Marketing and the Association of Alkali Activated Cementitious Materials in producing technical literature and presentation.
Key Responsibilities will be:
- Testing materials to Standards
- Record keeping
- Researching developments in materials
- Supporting trials
- Writing technical reports, web content and presentations
- Monitoring and maintaining the laboratory
- Conducting risk assessments and updating safe working practices
- Supporting all elements of the Technical Departments operations, from stock control and management to audit
- Attending client meetings and presenting technical information
We are looking for candidates with:
- GCSE (or equivalent) mathematics and English language at grade C or grade 4, or above – plus one of the following
- 112 UCAS points including at least 64 points from two A levels or equivalent BTEC. National qualifications to include mathematics or a mathematics-based subject to at least AS level. For example:
- BBC at A Level including mathematics or a mathematics-based subject plus at least one other from physics, physical science, engineering science, computer science, technology, chemistry or other science or technology subject.
- DMM in BTEC Extended Diploma in a science or technology-based subject (including passes in mathematics and two other science or technology-based modules).
- A combination of qualifications which must include mathematics or a mathematics-based subject and may include AS levels, EPQ and general studies.
We may also consider applicants with relevant work experience.
In addition to the above, you should have:
- Good time and task management skills
- Problem-Solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- IT literate
- An open and honest approach
- Self-motivation and a strong work ethic
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Possession of a full driving licence
Whilst the role will be based at our offices on the outskirts of Cambridge, there will be a requirement to travel to the Sheffield Hallam University (anticipated block release, approx. 1-2 times per month) and travel as required to client sites for meetings and trials.
- Degree Level Apprenticeship – expected duration 3-4 years (a permanent role will be available at the end of this for the right candidate)
- Full time working hours, Monday to Friday
- A salary of £18,000 per annum
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Private Health Care
- Contributory pension scheme –matching company contribution up to 5%
To apply for this role please follow this link https://dbgroupholdingsltd.peoplehr.net/Pages/JobBoard/Opening.aspx?v=139bd1d0-f6e9-4ad2-8b8d-bcf13cec5796