No previous experience is required for this varied and interesting role where no two days are the same, as full training will be provided and career development will be encouraged and supported.
DB Group (Holdings) Limited based in Bourn, Cambridgeshire, was established in the 1970s and is a leading innovator of durable and sustainable construction materials. We trade through a range of brands, including market leading PUDLO waterproofing, MPS Concrete Repair Solutions and the innovative zero cement Cemfree binder.
This is a dual-aspect role with both site and laboratory-based duties. Reporting to the Group Technology Manager, you will receive in-depth training which will enable you to provide the Technology and Commercial teams with skilled, technical support to produce innovative cement and concrete construction materials.
Laboratory-based duties will include:
- Assisting with the daily preparation and testing of mortar and concrete specimens, ensuring that test equipment used is checked, cleaned and maintained
- Processing test specimens through the laboratory and ensuring all samples are marked and stored correctly
- Producing project plans, reports, and presentations
- Researching project and trial requirement captures
- Assisting with general laboratory maintenance
Site-based duties will include:
- Communicating with clients and internal / external stakeholders at all levels
- Trialling plan development and support
- Performing on-site tests, including making concrete cubes from fresh concrete and carrying out slump and flow tests
- Preparing and collecting transportation of test specimens from client sites to the laboratories
- Entering data, and reporting results
No previous experience is necessary for this role as full training will be provided, including the opportunity to work towards a qualification in the field of Concrete Technology.
- Full UK driving licence
- A basic knowledge of construction materials
- Superb attention to detail, with a willingness to learn and a flexible approach towards tasks
- Comfortable in translating technical requirements into considered project plans
- IT savvy, with good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Willingness to travel occasionally to customer / trial locations
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- An industry accredited safety training certification, such as Construction Skills Certification Scheme
- Experience within the construction industry
- Experience gained testing materials / concrete
As a Laboratory Technician, you’ll benefit from:
- A starting salary in the region of £22,000 to £26,000 with the level dependent on experience
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Private Health Care
- Contributory pension scheme – matching company contribution up to 5%
- Life assurance (x3 salary)
- Permanent contract, working full time hours, Monday to Friday
To apply for this role please follow this link https://dbgroupholdingsltd.peoplehr.net/Pages/JobBoard/Opening.aspx?v=75a063a6-0b97-43d5-9298-4335db5ec52b
All applications for this Laboratory Technician vacancy should be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.