DB Group (Holdings) Limited based in Bourn, Cambridgeshire, is a leading manufacturer of specialist cementitious products for the construction and civil engineering industry. Trading through a range of brands, including market leading admixture PUDLO waterproofing concrete and the innovative zero cement CEMFREE binder.
Due to a sustained increase in the demand for the technology department services, we are looking for a Laboratory Technician of the highest standard to strengthen our existing development capability.
As a member of the technology team, you will have a challenging, varied and interesting workload that will primarily involve work in the laboratory doing quality control, analytical testing and product development work. The mix of project work will include:
- binder testing and quality control (e.g. physical properties testing, chemical testing)
- raw materials quality control testing
- mortar preparation
- strength and durability testing
- evaluation and interpretation of results
- analytical testing in our “dry” laboratory
- problem investigation
- new product development and much more.
You will become an expert in cementitious and related materials including screeds, grouts, mortars and of course our new and inventive CEMFREE binder. You will develop a detailed knowledge of international standards and specifications and should have the passion for your subject that ensures you remain at the forefront of the field throughout your career.
You will work collaboratively with the rest of the Technology Department and will be provided with training on how to use all necessary equipment, testing methods, how to keep records and create reports. The candidate should have a passion for working in a laboratory environment. The position will offer the candidate the opportunity to learn about alkali – activated cementitious materials as a sustainable building material. It will help to understand chemical mechanisms of these materials in comparison to ordinary Portland cement (OPC) and shape the future of new sustainable low carbon concrete.
The post holder will have a good level of written and verbal communication skills and have previous experience in a similar technical services role.
- Daily involvement in the operation of the powder’s laboratory
- Ensuring compliance with the relevant BSI Standards
- Active involvement in Product/Materials development.
- Works to published technical specifications and standards
- Carry out tests according to scheduled plan
- Keep accurate and legible records of all works undertaken
- Manage and maintain laboratory equipment
- Results evaluation and interpretation
- Report writing
- Project management
For more information on the role please click here http://dbgroupholdingsltd.peoplehr.net/Pages/JobBoard/Opening.aspx?v=42321ef8-23ea-4fb0-be4f-c5a5099a8a07