Job Title: Business Development & Specification Manager – Cemfree
Location: Home Based and Bourn, HO Cambridge
Department: Commercial Team
Reports to: Commercial Director
David Ball Group are proud to have invented, developed and patented a new and innovative method to produce cement free concrete. This new product using established technology and production methods complements existing established concretes and introduces a next level of sustainable concretes to the industry with an ultra-low embedded carbon footprint. Progressively the construction market increases demand for improved sustainable solutions in most product areas and we are pleased to be able to provide a concrete solution that satisfies that demand.
We are seeking to appoint a new Cemfree Business Development Manager to head up and lead the exciting next step introduction to the market. The successful candidate should have previous commercial experience, confident and experienced in presenting to groups of clients and specifiers and ideally has in-depth knowledge of concretes and performance characteristics. Most important is that we appoint the right person for the role who possesses a genuine “can do” work ethic, who can contribute as a good team member and is tenacious in their approach.
Salary on offer is commensurate with experience plus private health cover and a company car is available.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Raising awareness and sales of our new innovative product, Cemfree, via Specifiers, Designers and all other relevant stakeholders
- Head up and take responsibility for specification and Business Development function relating to Cemfree concretes and sustainable products
- Technical and practical support to customers (typically ready-mix concrete suppliers) and contractors both at HO and on site
- Technical support to internal and external operations and the supply chain including practical on-site engagement
Knowledge / experience/ Skills/ Personal Attributes:
- Previous experience in a similar specification sales role in the construction industry
- The ability to plan and organise within a pro-active structured environment.
- Experience of confidently presenting in front of small and larger groups of people, as CPD seminars will be part of the role.
- Willingness to travel nationally and occasionally Internationally according to the needs of the business
- Excellent IT competency – Excel / Word / Exchange
- A Full UK or EU driving licence.
- Previous experience of generating technical specifications with architects and other specifiers in relation to concretes, concrete performances, applications and uses.
- Have previous or current commercial specification and sales experience in a technical construction industry environment ideally selling to architects and other specifiers.
- Knowledge and experience of construction site practices
- An interest in sustainable construction products and experience within this sector.
- Technical and practical Knowledge of concretes, their performance characteristics, practical placement and curing methods in particular relating to handling of concrete on-site
- An appreciation of steel reinforcement design and its effect on concrete performance and requirements
Please send your CV to HR@dbgholdings.com